This reference is organized into topics that correspond either to a kind of item you might want to manipulate programmatically (class definitions, DDL files, and so on), a technology of interest (HTTP, XML, and so on), or a task you might be interested in (testing, debugging, and so on).
It lists the APIs for some tasks that are commonly performed in the Management Portal, if those are tasks you might need to perform in an installation program.
If there is no reference page for the item you seek, see the additional list in the preface to this book.
- Applications – Work with web applications, privileged routine applications, and client applications (create, modify, export, and so on).
- Archiving –
archive archive server Centera Archive files to an archive server. EMC Centera
- Auditing –
Add entries to the audit log. audit
- Bitstrings –
Convert strings to bitstrings. bitstring
- C – Access InterSystems IRIS from C programs.
- Class Definitions –
class classes class member class members Work with class definitions and class members programmatically (obtain information about, define, make deployed, and so on). class definition
- Concurrency Mode –
Get and set the concurrency mode for the current process. concurrency
- CPF –
Modify the CPF programmatically (change settings such as memory and journal settings, define mappings, configure devices, and so on). CPF
- CPUs (Processors) –
CPU CPUs processor Obtain information about CPUs (processors). processors
- CSV Files –
CSV Work with CSV (comma-separated values) data sources. CSV file
- Current Date and Time –
now system time current date current time system date Obtain the current date and time. system time
- Databases –
Manage InterSystems IRIS database files programmatically (disable and enable journaling, copy, configure, and so on). database
- Date/Time Values –
date dates time times date value date values time value Work with date/time values. time values
- DDL –
DDL file Work with DDL statements and with DDL files. DDL files
- Devices –
Work programmatically with devices such as printers; configure; query for list of devices. device
- Directories and Drives –
directory directories Work with directories and drives programmatically. drives
- Email –
SMTP Send and receive email programmatically. POP3
- Encryption –
encrypt Protect information against unauthorized viewing. encrypting
- Environment Variables –
Access the value of an environment variable. environment variable
- Exporting Data –
Export data programmatically. export data
- Extents –
Work with extent definitions programmatically. extent
- Files –
Work with files programmatically (read, write, copy, rename, and so on). file
- FTP – Use FTP from within InterSystems IRIS.
- Globals –
Manage globals programmatically (import, export, get size, set collation, configure mappings, and so on). global
- GUIDs (Globally Unique Identifiers) –
GUID Work with GUIDs (Globally Unique Identifiers). GUIDs
- HTTP – Send and receive HTTP requests and responses.
- Importing Data –
Import data programmatically. import data
- Include Files –
Export include files programmatically. include file
- Installation –
install Create custom installers. installers
- Inventory Facility –
Create a catalog of your code. inventory
- IP Addresses –
IP address network address network addresses IPv4 Work with IP addresses (validate, get IP addresses, and so on). IPv6
- JSON – Create, use, and modify JSON-format objects and arrays; serialize objects as JSON; create objects from JSON.
- LDAP – Interact with an LDAP database programmatically.
- Licenses –
license license server Access information about InterSystems IRIS license usage programmatically; configure license servers. license servers
- Locks –
concurrency concurrency control lock Read lock table information programmatically; remove locks; query and adjust lock table parameters. lock table
- Macros –
Export macros programmatically; print information about available macros. macro
- Memory – Modify the memory settings programmatically.
- messages.log –
Write to the messages log messages.logfile, the operator messages log.
- MIME – Send and receive MIME messages.
- MQ (IBM WebSphere MQ) –
Exchange messages between InterSystems IRIS and IBM WebSphere MQ. MQ
- Namespaces –
Get information about InterSystems IRIS namespaces programmatically; query for list of namespaces. namespace
- Operating System –
O/S Obtain information about the operating system. operating systems
- Operating System Commands –
operating system Invoke operating system commands from within InterSystems IRIS. O/S
- Packages –
Work with packages programmatically (compile, export, delete, and so on); configure mappings. package
- Processes (Jobs) –
process processes job Get information about and manipulate CPU processes (known as jobs in InterSystems IRIS). jobs
- Productions –
production business host (Production-enabled namespaces) Work with productions programmatically (start, check status, enable configuration items, stop, and so on). business hosts
- Regular Expressions –
regular expression regex Perform pattern matching using regular expressions. regexp
- Routines –
Work with routines programmatically (create, compile, get time stamp, export, and so on); configure mappings. routine
- SASL – Implement SASL to include authentication in connection-based protocols.
- Security Items –
resource role user privilege Work with roles, resources, applications, SSL configurations, and other security items programmatically (create, manipulate, export, and so on). permission
- Server – Obtain information about the InterSystems IRIS server and its environment.
- SQL – Use SQL within InterSystems IRIS; access third-party ODBC- or JDBC-compliant databases; access InterSystems IRIS as an ODBC- or JDBC-compliant database.
- SQL Gateway Connections –
Object Gateway Manage and access SQL Gateway connections programmatically (check connections, query by name, and so on). SQL Gateway
- SSH – Use SSH to communicate securely.
- SSL/TLS –
TLS/SSL SSL Use SSL/TLS to communicate securely; obtain information about SSL/TLS connection in use. TLS
- Startup and Shutdown Behavior –
startup shutdown start Customize startup and shutdown behavior. stop
- Tasks –
task Work with tasks (Task Manager) programmatically (schedule, export definitions, query, and so on). Task Manager
- TCP/IP –
Communicate via TCP/IP; work with TCP devices. TCP
- Telnet – Use Telnet from within InterSystems IRIS.
- UDDI – (Production-enabled namespaces) Use UDDI to work with web services.
- URLs –
Parse a URL into its component parts. URL
- Version – Obtain information about the system version.
- Web Gateway – Manage the Web Gateway programmatically.
- X12 – (Production-enabled namespaces) Receive, work with, and send X12 documents.
- X.509 Certificates –
Use X.509 certificates. X.509