Monitoring and Operations Tasks
This reference section provides instructions for each monitoring and operations task.
- Check messages.log – Check the messages.log file and configure email alerts.
- Check Ping – Check web server response to ping.
- Check Production Event Log – Check the Production Event Log for errors and warnings.
- Check SSH – Check ability to connect to web server via Secure Shell (SSH).
- Create System Performance Report – Create system performance reports.
- Determine if Auditing Namespace Needs More Audit Databases – Determine if the auditing namespace needs more audit databases.
- Ensure Tasks are Running Correctly – Ensure that your Task Manager tasks are running correctly.
- Evaluate Global Buffer Size – Evaluate your global buffer size.
- Evaluate Lock Table Size – Evaluate your lock table size.
- Evaluate Maximum Memory per Process Size – Evaluate the size of the maximum memory per process.
- Evaluate Routine Buffer Size – Evaluate your routine buffer size.
- Evaluate Size of Shared Memory Heap – Evaluate the size of the shared memory heap (gmheap).
- Monitor Certificate Expiration Dates – Ensure that your certificates will not expire soon.
- Monitor CPU Utilization – Monitor the system for heavy CPU utilization.
- Monitor Disk Fill Rate – Monitor the disk fill rate of your file system.
- Monitor Disk Space – Monitor the available disk space in your file system.
- Monitor DNS Infrastructure – Monitor your DNS infrastructure.
- Monitor Email – Monitor your system’s ability to send email.
- Monitor Endpoints – Optionally monitor your important endpoints.
- Monitor Externally Mounted Filesystems – Monitor any externally mounted file systems.
- Monitor for Filesystem Errors – Monitor for filesystem errors.
- Monitor for Errors Using the Health Monitor and Log Monitor – Monitor for errors and warnings using the Health Monitor and Log Monitor
- Monitor for Memory Swapping – Monitor if memory swapping is occurring in your system.
- Monitor for Mirror Differences – Monitor for differences between mirror instances.
- Monitor for Network Packet DGOPS or Retransmissions – Monitor if network packet dGOPS or retransmissions occur.
- Monitor InterSystems IRIS License Status – Ensure that your InterSystems IRIS license will not expire soon.
- Monitor InterSystems IRIS Productions – Monitor your InterSystems IRIS productions.
- Monitor InterSystems IRIS Queues – Monitor your InterSystems IRIS queues.
- Monitor Journal Purging – Monitor if journals are purging normally.
- Monitor Journal Space – Monitor your journal space.
- Monitor License Usage – Monitor your license usage.
- Monitor Memory Utilization – Monitor the memory utilization of your system.
- Monitor Mirror Health – Monitor the health of your mirrors.
- Monitor Size of IRIS.DAT – Monitor the size of your IRIS.DAT file.
- Monitor System Clock Time – Monitor that system clocks across all your systems are set to the same time.
- Monitor Total Processes – Monitor the total number of processes running on your system, including user and system processes.
- Monitor Uptime – Monitor the amount of time that your system has been running.
- Monitor Web Servers – Verify that web servers are responding, and in a timely manner.
- Monitor Web Services – Verify that your SOAP and REST web services are responding, and in a timely manner.
- Review Application Error Log – Review errors and warnings in your Application Error Log.
- Review Web Gateway Error Log – Review errors in your Web Gateway error log.
- Review Web Server Error Log – Review errors and warnings in your web server error log.
- Run Database Backups – Run database backups for your system.
- Run DataCheck for Mirrored Systems – Run DataCheck if you have a mirrored system.
- Run Integrity Checks – Run and examine the output of integrity checks.
- Run the Tune Table Utility on the ATNA Audit Database Tables – Optimize SQL querying of the audit tables for management reports and custom queries
- Verify Integrity of Database Backups – Verify the integrity of your database backups.